29. GRSP considered ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSP/2013/26 introducing the FlexPLI provisions into the UN Regulation. GRSP considered and adopted GRSP-54-15-Rev.1 (superseding ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSP/2011/14, ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSP/2011/20 and ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSP/2013/26), as reproduced in Addendum 1 to the session report. The secretariat was requested to submit the proposal to WP.29 and AC.1, for consideration and vote at their June 2014 sessions as draft 01 series of amendments to UN Regulation No. 127. GRSP noted that pending values still in square brackets (paras. 1.1. and 1.4. of Annex IV of GRSP-54-15-Rev.1), would be eventually solved at the May 2014 session of GRSP. Finally, the expert from Japan withdrew GRSP-54-39.
27. GRSP resumed consideration on the remaining issues of the proposed 01 series of amendments to UN Regulation No. 127 (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2014/38), such as the tolerances of the flexible pedestrian legform impactor (FlexPLI). GRSP finally adopted GRSP-55-14-Rev.3 (incorporating GRSP-55-24), as reproduced in Annex V to this report. GRSP requested the secretariat to send the proposal (WP.29-163-06) to WP.29 and AC.1 for consideration and vote at their June 2014 sessions as a draft amendment to ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2014/38. GRSP also adopted GRSP-55-44, as reproduced in Annex V to this report, to introduce a parallel correction to Supplement 1 of the original version of the UN Regulation (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2014/37). GRSP requested the secretariat to send the proposal (WP.29-163-07) to WP.29 and AC.1 for consideration and vote at their June 2014 sessions as a draft amendment to ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2014/37.
28. GRSP agreed to resume consideration at its December 2014 session of this agenda item based on a possible proposal of an Addendum to the M.R.1 to incorporate the FlexPLI.
No objections to the proposals which are passed for consideration to adopt during the AC.1 session.
17. The World Forum recalled the oral report of the Chair of GRSP given during the 162nd session (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/1108, paras. 23-25) and approved the report.
55. Agenda item 4.6.5, Regulation No. 127, ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2014/38, insert the following amendments:
Paragraphs 11.1. to 11.4., amend to read:
|"11.1.||As from the official date …… by the 01 series of amendments.|
|11.2.||As from 1 September 2017, Contracting Parties applying …… the 01 series of amendments.|
|11.3||Contracting Parties applying this Regulation shall not refuse to grant extensions of type approvals for existing vehicle types which have been granted according to the preceding series of amendments to this Regulation.|
|11.4||Contracting Parties applying this Regulation shall continue to accept type approvals to the preceding series of amendments to the Regulation."|
Annex 4, paragraphs 1.1. and 1.4., square brackets shall be removed.
Annex 5, paragraph 3.2.1., amend to read:
|“3.2.1.||The velocity of the headform impactor shall be measured at some pointduring the free flight before impact,in accordance with the method specified in ISO 3784:1976.”|
Annex 5, Figure 5, amend to read:
Example of marking of HIC1000 zone and HIC1700 zone
See document WP.29/2014/38 for the drawing accompanying the revised title.
Annex 6, paragraph 2.2.4., amend to read:
|“2.2.4.||The relative humidity and temperature of the certification area shall be measured at the time of certification, and recorded in the certification report.”|
Annex 6, Figure 5, the title, amend to read:
Flexible lower legform impactor: Test set-up for the knee joint in the static certification test (see paragraph 1.2.5. of this Annex) …”
Annex 6, Figure 6, the title, amend to read:
Flexible lower legform impactor: Test set-up for the dynamic lower legform impactor certification test (pendulum test, see paragraph 220.127.116.11. of this Annex) …”
Annex 6, Figure 7, the title, amend to read:
Flexible lower legform impactor: Test set-up for the dynamic lower legform impactor certification test (inverse test, see paragraph 18.104.22.168. of this Annex) …”
WP.29-163-06 | Proposal for amendments to the draft 01 series of amendments to UN Regulation No. 127
WP.29/2014/38 | Proposal for the 01 series of amendments to Regulation No. 127