Document Title: Proposal for collective amendments to Regulations Nos. 3, 4, 6, 7, 19, 23, 38, 50, 77, 87, 91, 98, 104, 112, 113, 119 and 123
Proposal to reference the compliance requirements for installation contained in Regulations Nos. 48, 53, 72 and 86 into the Regulations 3, 4, 6, 7, 19, 23, 38, 50, 77, 87, 91, 98, 104, 112, 113, 119 and 123. This proposal is a revised version of document GRE/2013/55 discussed during the October 2013 GRE session.
Working Party on Lighting and Light-signalling | Session 71 | 31 Mar-3
Working Party on Lighting and Light-signalling | Session 72 | 20-22
30. Based on an updated proposal tabled by the expert from Italy (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRE/2013/55/Rev.1), GRE resumed consideration of the insertion of compliance obligations with installation requirements, at the time of type approval of lighting components, according to the component UN Regulations. While several experts supported the proposal, some others were of the view that the underlying issue might go beyond the competence of GRE and that WP.29 should be asked for guidance. The Chair suggested clarifying and possibly rephrasing the wording “UN Regulations … and their series of amendments in force at the time of application for type approval”. GRE agreed to continue this discussion at the next session and decided that this proposal would become part of a horizontal document collecting common provisions of UN lighting and light-signalling Regulations (see agenda item 6 below).
Working Party on Lighting and Light-signalling | Session 76 | 25-28
21. GRE requested IWG SLR to consider GRE-71-23 and to consolidate into a horizontal document, harmonized definitions in lighting and light-signalling Regulations. For the same purpose, GRE referred to IWG SLR collective proposals, such as compliance obligations with installation requirements, definition of “type” with regard to the manufacturer and trade names/marks and provisions for the conformity of production, including those that had been referred back by WP.29 (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRE/2013/55/Rev.1, ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2013/68, ECE/TRANS/ WP.29/2013/69, ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2013/71, ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2013/72, ECE/ TRANS/WP.29/2013/76, ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2013/79, ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2013/83, ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2013/84, ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2013/85, ECE/TRANS/WP.29/ 2013/86, ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2013/87, ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2013/88, ECE/TRANS/ WP.29/2013/89, ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2013/94, ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRE/2014/3).
10. GRE reviewed and unanimously adopted the pending amendment proposals so as to consolidate the existing Regulations before they are frozen and superseded by three new Regulations that are in drafting:
- ECE/TRANS/WP.29/ 2013/69,
- ECE/TRANS/ WP.29/2013/751,
- ECE/TRANS/WP.29/ 2013/86,
- ECE/TRANS/WP.29/ 2013/923,
- ECE/TRANS/ WP.29/2014/31,
- ECE/TRANS/WP.29/ GRE/2013/55/Rev.1,
- ECE/TRANS/ WP.29/GRE/2015/16,
- ECE/TRANS/WP.29/ GRE/2016/11,
- and Annex IV to ECE/TRANS/ WP.29/GRE/75.
The secretariat was requested to consolidate these proposals, according to the principle ‘one WP.29 document per Regulation’, and to submit them to WP.29 and the Administrative Committee of the 1958 Agreement (AC.1) for consideration and vote at their March 2017 sessions. The experts from GTB
volunteered to assist the secretariat by verifying the consolidated amendment proposals.
|1||Except for the part which was already adopted by WP.29 as ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2013/75/Rev.1 and Add.1 (note by the secretariat).|
|2||Except for the part which was already adopted by WP.29 as ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2013/90/Rev.1 (note by the secretariat).|
|3||Except for the part which was already adopted by WP.29 as ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2013/92/Rev.1 (note by the secretariat).|
|4||Except for the part which was already adopted by WP.29 as ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2013/93/Rev.1 (note by the secretariat).|
|5||Except for Section B on Regulation No. 45 which was already submitted to WP.29 as ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2016/77 (note by the secretariat).|