16. The expert from the Netherlands, in his capacity of Chair of the Task Force on Tell-Tales (TF TT), introduced revised proposals for amendments to Regulations Nos. 48, 7 and 87 on tell-tales which indicate a failure (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRE/2016/7, ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRE/2016/12 and ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRE/2016/17). GRE adopted the proposals and decided to submit them to WP.29 and AC.1 for consideration and vote at their November 2016 sessions as draft Supplement 17 to the 04 series of amendments, draft Supplement 10 to the 05 series of amendments and draft Supplement 8 to the 06 series of amendments to Regulation No. 48, draft Supplement 25 to the 02 series of amendments to Regulation No. 7 and draft Supplement 18 to Regulation No. 87.
17. Several experts pointed out that the adopted amendments might also require an amendment to paragraph 5.4. of Regulation No. 121 (Identification of controls, tell-tales and indicators), but no consensus was reached on this issue. GRE invited the Working Party on General Safety Provisions (GRSG), which deals with Regulation No. 121, to address this matter.
18. To improve road safety, the expert from Germany proposed to reduce the intensity of a daytime running lamp (DRL) in situations where a direction indicator is activated during the functioning of DRL (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRE/2016/8). The document also proposed amendments to Regulation No. 87. The expert from OICA suggested an alternative wording (GRE-75-11, GRE-75-11-Rev.1). The experts from France, the Netherlands and UK supported the proposal of Germany. The expert from Italy was of the view that the proposal should be accompanied with transitional provisions. GRE decided to continue its deliberations at the next session based on a revised document to be submitted by the expert from Germany.
19. The expert from GTB proposed to clarify the text of paragraph 18.104.22.168.4. of Regulation No. 48 (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRE/2016/9). GRE adopted the proposal and decided to submit it to WP.29 and AC.1 for consideration and vote at their November 2016 sessions as draft Supplement 17 to the 04 series of amendments, draft Supplement 10 to the 05 series of amendments and draft Supplement 8 to the 06 series of amendments to Regulation No. 48
20. The expert from GTB proposed modifications to the transitional provisions of various series of amendments to allow for optional installation of new equipment on a vehicle, which had already been approved to an earlier series of amendments, by extending the existing approval, rather than requesting a new approval based on the latest series of amendments (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRE/2016/10). The expert from OICA advocated the proposal and pointed out that it would contribute to increasing traffic safety (GRE-75-12). The experts from Finland, Italy and Netherlands also supported the proposal. The experts from Austria, France and UK expressed concerns about too many series of amendments to Regulation No. 48 in force and were not convinced that the earlier series should be amended. GRE decided to continue this discussion at the next session.