The agenda was approved with no change.
The group reviewed document MVC-03-03:
- Debate on the necessary limitation of the angle of the 5th wheel of a dolly
- Debate on the parking brake and the current text of UN R13. Semi-trailer must take over its total weight on a slope of 18%. All vehicles must be able to take over their full load on a 18% slope. In case of a combination, the slope is 12% performed by the motor vehicle alone.
- Stability system: the vehicle is not able to measure its COG (which is varying with load and type of goods), hence automatic adjustment is not possible. Some manufacturers provide manual adjustment within a certain limited margin.
Mr. Adam introduced the D field test document (AECS-03-05). The experts held discussions on the following topics:
- The rules do not specify which kind of retarder is mandatory. N informed that some tunnels in Norway have slopes of about 10%, i.e. some high performance retarders are necessary.
- Paragraph 3 indicates which kinds of combinations are allowed in D
- Test to last until 2016.
- Some schemes could be added to the table.
- Political discussions in Germany are ongoing: infrastructure, technical requirements.