|Document Title: Proposal for amendments to Regulations No. 13 and 13-H|
|Document Reference Number: GRRF/2013/3|
Text prepared by Japan to clarify requirements on electromagnetic compatibility in Regulations Nos. 13 and 13-H via reference to Regulation No. 10.
|Submitted by: Japan|
|Meeting Session: 74th GRRF session (19-22 Feb 2013)|
|Document date: 12 Dec 12 (Posted 12 Dec 12)|
|Document status: Superseded|
This document concerns UN Regulation No. 13 | Heavy-Duty Vehicle Braking and UN Regulation No. 13-H | Light-Duty Vehicle Braking.
This submission is related to the following document(s):
Working Party on Brakes and Running Gear | Session 74 | 19-22
8. The Chair recalled the purpose of ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRRF/2012/11 on introducing an electro-hydraulic transmission for electrical brake systems. The expert from Germany reported on the progress made. He added that a revised proposal might be submitted for consideration at the September 2013 session of GRRF. GRRF agreed to resume the discussion at its next session, keeping the document as a reference.
9. The expert from Japan introduced ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRRF/2013/3, superseding ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRRF/2011/34 and proposing clarification on the reference to Regulation No. 10 in Regulations Nos. 13 and 13-H. The expert from OICA introduced GRRF-74-13, proposing a similar amendment to Regulations Nos. 13 and 13-H but also amending Regulations Nos. 79 and 89 as well as the new Regulations on Advance Emergency Braking System (AEBS) and Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS). Following the discussion, the expert from the Russian Federation withdrew GRRF-74-33. GRRF agreed to reconsider GRRF-74-13 at its next session on the basis of an official document.
10. The expert from Germany introduced ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRRF/2012/21, proposing to remove the signature of the Type Approval Authority from the test report defined in Annex 12 of Regulation No. 13. GRRF adopted this document and requested the secretariat to submit it to WP.29 and AC.1 for consideration at their June 2013 sessions as part of draft Supplement 10 to the 11 series of amendments to Regulation No. 13 (see para. 5).
21. The expert from IMMA introduced ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRRF/2015/21 proposing a wording to include Electromagnetic Compatibility requirements in Regulation No. 78. GRRF agreed with the principles of the proposal stating that an approval according to Regulation No. 10 is not a prerequisite for obtaining an approval according to Regulation No. 78. GRRF preferred to harmonise the wording of the proposal with the one in ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRRF/2013/13 and adopted the proposal as reproduced in Annex IV to the session report and requested the secretariat to submit it to WP.29 and AC.1 for consideration at their June 2016 sessions, as Supplement 3 to the 03 series of amendments to Regulation No. 78.
55. GRRF adopted ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRRF/2016/6 as amended by Annex VII to the report and requested the Secretariat to submit it as well as the adopted proposal in ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRRF/2013/13 to WP.29 and AC.1 for consideration and vote in June 2016 as draft 01 series of amendments to Regulation No. 13-H