Proposal to correct inconsistencies in the time between the measurement of the end temperature and the end of the Type 1 test at 23°C for the ATCT family criterion check and in the fjDyno force calculation.
18. The representative from Japan introduced ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRPE/2023/16, amended by GRPE-89-16 and ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRPE/2023/17, amended by GRPE-89-17.
19. The representative from OICA thanked the good collaboration between all involved parties and regretted the premature discontinuation of the IWG on WLTP. He also raised some concerns about the use of utility factors for OVC-HEVs, and the way date of entry into force of successive stages are drafted in the proposal. He wondered if the various dates should be moved to the dedicated section on transitional provisions.
20. The Chair asked if such approach would have any impact on the proposed 08 series of amendments to UN Regulation No. 83 to be adopted by WP.29 at its June 2023 session. The representative from OICA states any modification to the 08 series of amendments to UN Regulation No. 83 would be reflected in a supplement to be prepared for forthcoming sessions of GRPE.
21. The representative of the European Commission highlighted all contracting parties agreed with the existing proposal and mentioned his willingness to look into the issue raised by OICA during the session.
22. Following side meetings during the session, GRPE-89-16-Rev.1 and GRPE-89-17-Rev.1 were introduced to GRPE by the representative of Japan.
23. The representative of the European Commission agreed with the proposal but requested a scrutiny reserve in case unintended consequences had been introduced in the proposals. He also regretted the absence of some important EU member states from the discussions. He nevertheless confirmed this should not prevent from adopting the proposals.
24. The Chair congratulated the involved parties to finalize proposals to be considered by GRPE. The representative of Japan sought further clarifications in case the European Commission would find some issue with the proposals. The secretariat explained the different possible scenarios where the timing and magnitude of the potential error(s) would have an impact on the possible solutions. He confirmed the aim would be to submit the proposals to vote at the November 2023 session of WP.29/AC.1.
25. GRPE adopted ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRPE/2023/16 as amended by GRPE-89-16-Rev.1 as reflected in Addendum 1 and requested the secretariat to submit it to WP.29 and AC.1 for consideration and vote at their November 2023 sessions as draft new supplement to the 02 series of amendments to UN Regulation No. 154 (WLTP).
26. GRPE adopted ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRPE/2023/17 as amended by GRPE-89-17-Rev.1 as reflected in Addendum 2 and requested the secretariat to submit it to WP.29 and AC.1 for consideration and vote at their November 2023 sessions as draft new supplement to the 03 series of amendments to UN Regulation No. 154 (WLTP).
27. The representative from AVERE said they were looking into preparing a proposal to amend Annex B8 to consider the possibility for complete discharge/charge before performing the shortened test procedure, to save testing time in case of large battery capacity fitted to some vehicles.
28. The Chair welcomed a written proposal by AVERE on the topic in forthcoming sessions of GRPE.
23. The representative from France introduced GRPE-87-06. GRPE agreed with the content of the proposal.