Full UN R144 integrating the proposal to:
- clarify that the application of an AECD approval to other vehicle categories than M1 and N1 is not mandatory,
- align the power supply requirement of Part III, para. 34.1 with the corresponding requirement in Part II, para. 25.1.
- clarify with regard to para. 34.1 that if the vehicle is equipped with both
both should be tested according to Annex 9. The “Power supply other than back-up power supply mentioned in paragraph 35.10.1” should indeed only be tested if it is the only power supply for the AECS.
- -a “back-power supply” as listed in para. 35.10.1 and
- -a “Power supply other than back-up power supply mentioned in paragraph 35.10.1” as listed in para. 35.10.2
- include two-year transitional provisions
- remove the exclusion of M1 and N1 not equipped with a side airbag and to specify that the AECS shall be able to output the navigation solution in an NMEA-0183 protocol format (RMC, GGA, VTG, GSA and GSV message), among other clarifications.