ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRVA/7, paras. 54-55, based on ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRVA/2020/26 and ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRVA/2020/27.
52. The expert from Japan, Co-Chair of the IWG on Advanced Emergency Braking Systems (AEBS) for M1 and N1 vehicles, reported (GRVA-07-70) on the outcome produced by the group. He introduced ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRVA/2020/26 with clarifications regarding, among others, response to failure, false reaction avoidance, sensor misalignment and automatic deactivation. He also introduced ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRVA/2020/27 including provisions for the approval of AEBS covering Car to Bike scenarios (“1-step” approach) and mentioned the alternative proposals by OICA (“2-step approach).
53. The expert from OICA presented alternative proposals: ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRVA/2020/28 and ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRVA/2020/35. They include transitional provisions for specific cases with regards to the Car to Bike scenarios (GRVA-07-12, GRVA-07-72 and GRVA-07-74). He explained that the provisions developed by the group included lower speeds than those managed by existing vehicles meeting the corresponding test in New Car Assessment Test Programmes. He added that covering lower speeds would require modifying existing vehicles equipped with such systems, to cover larger sensor field of view.
54. GRVA adopted ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRVA/2020/26 as amended by GRVA-07-09 (see Annex V of the session report) and requested the secretariat to submit it as supplement to the 00/01 series of amendments to UN Regulation No. 152 (AEBS) for consideration and vote by WP.29 and AC.1 at their March 2021 sessions.
55. GRVA adopted ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRVA/2020/27 as amended by GRVA-07-10 (see Annex VI of the session report), ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRVA/2020/28 as amended by GRVA-07-11 (see Annex VII) and ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRVA/2020/35 as amended by GRVA-07-53 (see Annex VIII). GRVA requested the secretariat to submit them for consideration, decision on the 1-step or 2-step approach in November 2020 and vote by WP.29 and AC.1 at their March 2021 sessions.
56. GRVA noted that ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRVA/2020/25 had been incorporated in the documents above.
WP.29/2021/16 | UN R152: Proposal for Supplement 2 to the 01 series of amendments