37. The Chair of GRRF (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) informed WP.29 about the results achieved by GRRF during its eighty-second session (for more details see the report of the session ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRRF/82).
38. The Chair of GRRF reported that GRRF had drafted a proposal for a Supplement 6 to the 01 series of amendments to Regulation No. 79 (Steering equipment) containing provisions for two categories (A and B1) of Automatically Commanded Steering Functions (ACSF) with safety requirements and the corresponding testing procedures for lane keeping systems, corrective steering functions and remote controlled parking. He informed WP.29 about the need to extend the mandate of the IWG by one year. WP.29 endorsed that request and agreed to extend the mandate until September 2017.
39. The Chair of GRRF also reported on an ad hoc informal meeting of experts from the Working Parties on Road Traffic Safety (WP.1), the IWG on ITS/AD and GRRF in which they exchanged views on automated driving. WP.29 considered such meetings valuable and recommended continuity of such meetings.
40. The Chair of GRRF informed WP.29 that GRRF had reviewed WP.29-168-16 and would address one of both suggestions at its January 2017 session, on the basis of a formal proposal.
41. WP.29 noted that GRRF had re-elected Mr. B. Frost as Chair and Mr. A. Murai (Japan) as Vice-Chair for the year 2017.
GRRF/82 | Report of the GRRF on its 82nd session
WP.29-168-16 | Proposal from WP.15 to amend Regulation No. 13