5. The 115th session of WP.29/AC.2 was held on 23 June 2014, chaired by Mr. B. Gauvin (France) and was attended, in accordance to Rule 29 of the terms of reference and rules of procedure of WP.29 (TRANS/WP.29/690 including its Amends.1 and 2), by the Chairs of WP.29 (France), GRB (France), GRE (Canada), GRSP (United States of America), GRPE (Germany), GRRF (United Kingdom), GRSG (Italy), the Administrative/Executive Committees of the three agreements administered by WP.29 (France (AC.1), Russian Federation (AC.4) and the United States of America (AC.3)), by the representatives of the European Union, Japan and the United States of America and by the Vice-Chairs of WP.29 (Russian Federation), GRSG (Hungary), GRPE (India) and GRSP (Republic of Korea).
6. The Committee reviewed the draft agenda of the 163rd session of the World Forum and recommended the amendments as indicated in para. 3 above. The Committee also recommended that agenda item 5.1 be considered by the World Forum and that the remaining agenda items on the 1998 Agreement be considered by the Executive Committee of the 1998 Agreement (AC.3). The Committee noted WP.29-163-17, transmitted by the representative of the Russian Federation, proposing amendments to the draft amendments to UN Rules Nos. 1 and 2 annexed to the 1997 Agreement. The Committee was of the opinion that full consideration of the informal document should be made by WP.29 under agenda item 7.2. The Committee recommended not to hold the session of the Administrative Committee of the 1997 Agreement (AC.4) until after a full consideration of WP.29-163-17 has been concluded by WP.29.
7. The Committee was informed by the secretariat about a letter to the acting Executive Secretary of the UNECE from the European Commission (EC) on the delay of availability of the French version of the amendments, consolidations and new UN Regulations. In the letter, EC stressed the importance of having the French version available as soon as possible in order to be in a position of implementation. WP.29 noted that Switzerland had addressed a similar letter of concern to UNECE. The representative of the Russian Federation stressed the importance of having the Russian version of the UN Regulations for the Russian Federation and also for the Custom Union countries. The Committee recommended the representatives of the Contracting Parties to take similar actions requesting the availability of the three official languages of the Agreement and of its annexed UN Regulations.
8. The Committee also reviewed the draft agenda for the 164th session of WP.29 scheduled to be held from 11 to 14 November 2014. WP.29/AC.2 noted the concerns raised by the secretariat on the possible adoption of a new UN Regulation on Pole Side Impact and its 01 series of amendments at the same session. This procedure would not be accepted by the UN Office of Legal Affairs and that the legal procedure for the entry into force of the 01 series of amendments would be launched only after the entry into force of the original version of the UN Regulation.
9. The Committee considered the possible application of national provisions for Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Vehicles for matters not covered by the new draft UN Regulation. The Committee recommended considering this issue at its November 2014 session and invited the representative of Japan to prepare a document on this issue for further consideration.
10. The Committee noted that a special session on Air Pollution and Transport had been organized by the UNECE Environment Division on 2 July 2014. It also noted that the WP.29 secretariat had been invited to make presentations on the air pollution activities of the World Forum including Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS). The Committee invited the secretariat to report back on the results of the special session at the November 2014 session of WP.29.
11. The World Forum adopted the report of the Administrative Committee on its 115th session and its recommendations.