9. The Chair of the informal working group (IWG) on MVC reported (GRRF-80-28) on the activities of the group’s recent meetings. He confirmed that the group was reviewing coupling, braking, the stability and steering aspects of MCV as well as on a definition of a Dolly. He announced the following meeting is scheduled on 26-27 October 2015 in Paris. GRRF endorsed the status report.
17. The Chair of the IWG on Regulation No. 55 introduced ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRRF/2015/34, ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRRF/2015/35, and ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRRF/2015/36 presenting the outcome of the work done by the group and taking into account the comments received at the previous sessions of GRRF.
18. GRRF adopted the proposals, as reproduced Annex III (based on GRRF-80-41) to the session report and requested the secretariat to submit them to WP.29 and AC.1 for consideration at their March 2016 sessions, as Supplement 5 to the 01 series of amendments to Regulation No. 55.
19. The Secretary of the IWG on Regulation No. 55 pointed out that the Task Force of Agricultural Couplings were evaluating the possibility of spliting the requirements for agricultural couplings from Regulation No. 55. GRRF requested the group to conclude this evaluation and to provide a proposal for amendments to the Terms of Reference of the IWG on Regulation No. 55 to be examined by GRRF at its February 2016 session.
20. The expert from EC introduced GRRF-80-29 aimed at addressing the situation where coupling balls are installed right in front of registration plates or rear fog lamps. The proposal received some comments and the expert from EC agreed to submit a revised proposal to the February 2016 session of GRRF.