|previous regulation||next regulation|
49. The Secretary of IWG on Electric Vehicles and the Environment (EVE) presented a status report on the on-going activities of IWG (GRPE-78-30-Rev.1).
50. She explained that the ongoing work on UN GTR on Determination of Electrified Vehicle Power (DEVP) had been delayed due to unexpected and inconsistent results obtained during the validation testing of the power measurement approaches, mainly regarding its reproducibility and repeatability. The delay in developing the UN GTR was expected to be at least half a year, and IWG had still not agreed on a new timeline for developing the draft proposal.
51. She reported on the activity on battery durability, where the activities had progressed well. She added that a consensus on the next steps for this research activities was still to be found.
52. She informed GRPE that IWG on EVE had made a presentation to the Cleaner Electricity Production (CEP) expert group of the Energy Division of ECE to seek their partnership on the project to assess upstream emissions from electric vehicles. The Secretary of GRPE agreed to follow-up with colleagues from ECE Energy Division.
53. GRPE reviewed and endorsed the request for authorization to develop the provisions on DEVP as a new UN GTR (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2019/33), to be adopted during the March 2019 session of WP.29.
54. The representative from EC highlighted that the work done by IWG was very important, and that the activities should be undertaken at GRPE. She insisted on further efforts to finish the activities on time or risk that activities would have to be held at the national / regional level.
55. GRPE acknowledged the progress of IWG on EVE and encouraged the group to deliver on the important activities that are needed in many Contracting Parties. GRPE noted the request for a meeting room for half a day during the GRPE week in May 2019.