Proposal to include the option to use a QR code (or another type of digital data carrier) to replace, in case of necessity, some packaging information.
118. The expert from CLEPA introduced the proposals for amendments to the 01 and 02 series of amendments to UN Regulation No. 90 (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRVA/2023/11 and ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRVA/2023/12, as amended by GRVA-16-14), submitted by CLEPA and Italy. He informed GRVA that these proposals aimed at introducing amendments for calliper/ drum set packaging and at allowing, as an option, to report the approved vehicles/brakes/axle information as well as fitting instructions through digital format (e.g. Quick Response (QR) code, website).
119. The experts from France, Germany and UK supported the amendments.
120. The expert from FIA asked what would happen in case there was no available internet connection. He added that the consumer should not be asked for personal data when he asks for the QR code.
121. The expert from CLEPA responded that the proposal did not prevent that instructions are made available in printable format. He agreed that it should be avoided that any person is asked to provide personal data.
121. GRVA adopted ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRVA/2023/11 and requested the secretariat to submit it as a supplement to the 01 series of amendments to UN Regulation No. 90 to WP.29 and AC.1 for consideration and vote at their November 2023 sessions.
122. GRVA adopted ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRVA/2023/12, as amended by GRVA-16-14, and requested the secretariat to submit it as a supplement to the 02 series of amendments to UN Regulation No. 90 to WP.29 and AC.1 for consideration and vote at their November 2023 sessions.