Proposal from the AEBS informal group to improve and clarify the text of the Regulation.
46. Referring to ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRVA/2019/17, the expert from Japan, Co-Chair of the IWG on AEBS introduced GRVA-04-38. He noted that para. 6.10 and the Appendix in the working document were in square brackets. The expert from Japan introduced
GRVA-04-39, proposing further amendments to Appendix 2 of Annex 3.
47. The expert from OICA introduced GRVA-04-12 with editorial amendments.
48. The expert from the Russian Federation proposed an editorial correction in para. 7.1.
49. The expert from OICA introduced GRVA-04-11, supporting the provisions in the proposed para. 6.10. for a statistical approach to evaluating AEBS performance on the basis of unsuccessful tests. GRVA decided to reconsider this proposal at its next session. The expert from China informed that their draft national standard included such considerations. He mentioned that his country would consider GRVA’s decision on this point to support harmonization, if timing allows.
50. GRVA adopted the proposal as amended (GRVA-04-51) with the deletion of the proposed para. 6.10, the correction to para. 7.1 and the amendments proposed in GRVA-04-12 and GRVA-04-39. GRVA requested the secretariat to submit it as Supplement 1 to UN Regulation No.  to WP.29 and AC.1 for consideration and vote at their March 2020 sessions.