Proposal (submitted for the March 2019 WP.29 session) to introduce references to the three new simplified lighting Regulations (Light-Signalling Devices (LSD), Road Illumination Devices (RID) and Retro-Reflective Devices (RRD)) into the 06 series of Regulation No. 48.
52. The secretariat drew the attention of GRE to the fact that the new definition of “External status indicator”, which had been introduced by Supplement 11 to the 06 series of amendments to UN Regulation No. 48 (paragraphs 2.7. and 2.37 of ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2018/84), was left out of Supplement 12 (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2018/99/Rev.2). GRE requested the secretariat to submit a rectifying document to the March 2020 sessions of WP.29 and AC.1.
112. The Chair of GRE presented amendment proposal contained in ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2018/91/Rev.1 to ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2018/119/Rev.1, under agenda items 4.11.4 to 4.11.32, to amend UN Regulations Nos. 3, 4, 6, 7, 19, 23, 27, 38, 48, 50, 53, 69, 70, 74, 77, 86, 87, 91, 98, 104, 112, 113, 119 and 123. WP.29 noted that these proposals had been the result of intensive work of GRE and its IWG on Simplification of Lighting and Light-Signalling Regulations, as well as that further intensive work by the groups was expected towards finalizing the process of simplification of the relevant UN Regulations. The World Forum recommended their submission to AC.1 for voting, subject to the following modification to ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2018/105 (Proposal for Supplement 20 to the 01 series of amendments to UN Regulation No. 53), agenda item 4.11.18:
Paragraph 220.127.116.11. (a), replace “Class D or E of UN Regulation No. 113” by “Class B, D or E of UN Regulation No. 113”.
113. The World Forum considered the proposals for new UN Regulations on uniform provisions concerning the approval of motor vehicles on Blind Spot Information Systems for the Detection of Bicycles, on Light Signalling Devices (LSD), on Road Illumination Devices (RID) and on Retro-Reflective Devices (RRD) under items 4.12.1 to 4.12.4. The World Forum considered the proposals and recommended their submission to AC.1 for voting.
121. The World Forum considered the proposals for new UN Regulations on Light Signalling Devices (LSD), on Road Illumination Devices (RID) and on Retro-Reflective Devices under items 4.12.1 to 4.12.3. The World Forum agreed with the view of AC.2 (see para. 43 above) and recommended postponing the vote and deferring their consideration to the March 2019 session of AC.1.
43. AC.2 recommended postponing the vote on proposed new UN Regulations under agenda items 4.12.1 – 4.12.3 and deferred their consideration as revised proposals to the March 2019 session of WP.29.