Proposal to introduce improvements and amendments concerning the evaporative emission family definitions and the Type 4 test procedures with regard to test equipment requirements and calibrations, evaporative emission measurement enclosures, and use of variable volume SHED facilities. The document is also available in versions with track changes: pdf format and doc format.
41. The World Forum recalled the report of the Chair of GRPE on its seventy-eighth session (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRPE/78) and approved the report.
142. Submitted for consideration and vote, the proposal for Amendment 2 to UN GTR No. 19 – Evaporative test emissions procedures for the Worldwide harmonized Light vehicles Test Procedures (EVAP WLTP) (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2019/64, ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2019/65 and ECE/TRANS/WP.29/AC.3/44) was adopted on 26 June 2019 by consensus vote of the following contracting parties present and voting:
143. The representatives from Canada and the United States of America abstained from voting.
15. As introduced by the secretary of the task force on evaporative emissions, GRPE also adopted ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRPE/2019/4 (amended by GRPE-78-28) as reproduced in Addendum 2 to this report, proposing draft Amendment 2 to the UN GTR No. 19 (WLTP EVAP) as well as the corresponding report on the development of this amendment (GRPE-78-09) as reproduced in Annex VIII. GRPE requested the secretariat to submit Addendum 2 and Annex VIII to WP.29 and AC.3 for consideration and vote at their June 2019 sessions as draft Amendment 2 to UN GTR No. 19.
15. The Chair of the IWG on the Worldwide harmonized Light vehicles Test Procedures (WLTP) reported on the ongoing activities (GRPE-77-22). He briefly introduced the draft Amendment 5 to UN GTR No. 15 (GRPE-77-17) and the draft Amendment 2 to UN GTR No. 19 (GRPE-77-18).