Proposal to define specifications for the design and operation of external status indicators for Vehicle Alarm Systems (VAS), Alarm Systems (AS) and immobilizers under UN R48 pursuant to provisions of UN R97 and R116.
Proposal also to address inconsistencies, clarify text, and correct terminology in Regulation No. 48:
- para. 18.104.22.168. editorial alignment of text with current terminology
- replace undefined “effective outlet” terminology with defined “apparent surface” reference
- reintroduction of missing reference to “transverse plane” in paras. 5.10.1. and 5.10.2.
- para. 6.2.9. and related subsequent paragraphs to clarify the application of the 2000 lumen criteria
- para. 22.214.171.124. to correct a cross-reference with UN R23.