Proposal to clarify and improve the belt routing and positioning of the universal child restraint system seat fixture during testing.
74. The World Forum considered the draft amendments under agenda items 4.8.1 to 4.8.10 and recommended their submission to AC.1 for voting subject to the editorial correction below:
75. Agenda item 4.8.1, in ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2016/98, paragraph 12.1, correct "granted/refused/extended/withdrawn,2 " to read: "granted/extended,2 ".
18. The expert from the Netherlands introduced ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSP/2016/8, intended to better clarify the availability of space for CRS installation. The expert from OICA also introduced a revised proposal of amendments (GRSP-59-20 superseding GRSP-58-15-Rev.1) to simplify information for consumers in the owner’s manual. GRSP adopted ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSP/2016/8, as amended by Annex II to this report and GRSP-59-20, as reproduced in Annex II to this report. The secretariat was requested to submit both proposals for consideration and vote at the November 2016 sessions of WP.29 and AC.1 as draft Supplement 8 to the 06 series of amendments to UN Regulation No. 16.
20. The expert from the Netherlands introduced ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSP/2015/21, aimed at better clarifying the availability of space for CRS installation. He suggested that a clear classification and schematic ranking of CRS be discussed within the IWG. The expert from OICA made a presentation (GRSP-58-33) to introduce a proposal of amendments (GRSP-58-15-Rev.1) that simplify information for consumers in the owner’s manual. He reminded GRSP that i-Size was conceived to completely eliminate the need for vehicle handbook instructions since all positions were marked. Specifically, he proposed to define two types of information: (i) customer needs and (ii) CRS manufacturers when type approving their systems. The proposal received comments addressing transitional provisions and the possibility of removing them from the proposal.
21. GRSP agreed to resume discussion on ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSP/2015/21 and on GRSP-58-15-Rev.1, pending possible revision by the IWG at its May 2016 session.