47. On behalf of the Chair of GRE, the Secretary reported on the results of the seventy-sixth session of GRE (for details, see the report in ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRE/76).
48. On behalf of the Chair of GRE, the Secretary informed WP.29 that, in line with the endorsed phased approach for the simplification of lighting and light-signalling Regulations, GRE had focused on the final update, consolidation and stabilization of the existing Regulations before their upcoming freeze next year. The adopted amendment proposals would be submitted to the March 2017 session of WP.29.
49. WP.29 was informed that GRE had adopted amendment proposals to clarify the requirements for direction indicators with sequential activation in Regulations Nos. 6 and 50, but still would finalize, at its next session in April 2017, the discussion on whether or not these proposals would require a new series of amendments and transitional provisions. WP.29 took note that the final wording would be submitted to its June 2017 session.
50. WP.29 noted that GRE had revised the Terms of Reference of the IWG on Visibility, Glare and Levelling (VGL), which would be submitted in due course to WP.29 for endorsement, and that GRE had re-elected Mr. M. Loccufier (Belgium) as Chair and Mr. D. Rovers (Netherlands) as Vice-Chair for the year 2017.
51. The representative of EU called upon GRE to carefully consider the level of stringency and new requirements of the proposed amendments, with a view to taking legally sound decisions on their classification as supplements or new series of amendments to Regulations. She added that the correct classification would enable the EU member States to take, prior to the WP.29 session, a coordinated decision on voting on the amendment proposals.
GRE/76 | Report of the GRE on its 76th session