15. The 122th session of WP.29/AC.2 was held on 14 November 2016, chaired by Mr. B. Kisulenko (Russian Federation) and was attended, in accordance to Rule 29 of the terms of reference and rules of procedure of WP.29 (TRANS/WP.29/690 and Amends.1–2), by the Chairs of GRB (France), GRSG (Italy) and GRRF (United Kingdom), the Vice-Chair of the Executive Committee (AC.3) of the 1998 Agreement (Japan), by the representatives of Canada, Japan, the Republic of Korea, the United States of America, the European Union, and by the Vice-Chairs of WP.29 (Italy), GRPE (India), GRRF (Japan) and GRSP (Republic of Korea).
16. The WP.29/AC.2 reviewed and adopted the agenda of the 170th session of the World Forum. WP.29/AC.2 also reviewed the draft agenda for the 171st session of the World Forum, scheduled to be held in Geneva from 14 to 17 March 2017.
17. AC.2 discussed the importance for WP.29 to address cyber security as well as Over-The-Air (OTA) software updates of vehicle systems and their implications for the type approval system. AC.2 considered this topic as a priority for future work of WP.29 and recommended it for the 2017 programme of work and in the allocation of resources.
18. The secretariat updated AC.2 about the situation of staff resources following the post cut and its impact on the services provided to WP.29. The representatives of Contracting Parties expressed their concern about the current situation related to the secretariat’s human resource situation and expressed their full support for overcoming these resource constraints.
19. The representative of Japan reported on the progress of the Informal Working Group (IWG) on International Whole Vehicle Type Approval (IWVTA), including the progress and major results of the pre-testing programme, the list of UN Regulations applicable to IWVTA and the Questions and Answers (Q&A) documents, both on IWVTA and on Revision 3 of the 1958 Agreement. AC.2 reflected on future possibilities to continue this important work, once UN Regulation No. 0 on IWVTA would be established.
20. The representative from the United Kingdom reported on a first ad hoc informal meeting of WP.29/GRRF, Intelligent Transport Systems/Automated Driving (ITS/AD) and WP.1 experts. This meeting was very useful both for participants from WP.29/GRRF and WP.1 to reach common understanding. AC.2 recommended WP.29 to facilitate the organization of such meetings more regularly in the future.
21. AC.2 discussed and confirmed the need to continue the general discussion on the performance of automotive systems in conditions other than those tested in the framework of type-approval or self-certification at WP.29 based on WP.29-169-13.
22. The secretariat reminded GRs to inform them about any new abbreviations brought into use in their documents.
WP.29-169-13 | Performance of automotive systems in conditions other than those tested