3. GRPE adopted the provisional agenda of the eighty-fourth session (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRPE/2021/20), as updated and consolidated in GRPE-84-04-Rev.1.
8. The Chair of IWG on EVE introduced the latest draft of the UN GTR on In-vehicle Battery Durability for electrified vehicles, as developed by the members of the IWG on EVE over numerous meetings over the last weeks and months (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRPE/2021/18, as amended by GRPE-84-01). He also introduced the final status report that accompanies the draft UN GTR (GRPE-84-02). He detailed the main elements of the new UN GTR that contain new approaches to monitor, report and verify the durability of batteries in electrified vehicles (GRPE-84-11).
9. The representatives from Japan, Sweden, US, the EU and OICA supported the proposals. GRPE adopted ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRPE/2021/18 and GRPE-84-01, as amended by Addendum 1 and GRPE-84-02, as amended by Annex IV to the session report.
10. GRPE requested the secretariat to submit Addendum 1 and Annex IV to WP.29 and AC.3 for consideration and vote at their March 2022 sessions as draft UN GTR on In-Vehicle Battery Durability for electrified vehicles and its final status report, respectively.
11. The representative from OICA introduced their position on heavy duty battery durability (GRPE-84-14). The Chair of the IWG on EVE thanked OICA for their continuous support on the whole process and looked forward to forthcoming collaboration. The Chair requested further analysis on the possibility to use the existing framework as defined in GRPE-84-01 or the need for a new approach to consider heavy duty vehicle battery durability. The Chair of the IWG on EVE confirmed this task was expected to be tackled as soon as the phase 2 activities were initiated, expected in January 2022.
12. The Chair of IWG on EVE presented updated Terms of Reference and Rules of Procedure (GRPE-84-10), introducing expected activities, timeline and updated leadership until January 2024.
13. The representative of China requested further clarification about the vice chair positions for the IWG on EVE. The Chair of the IWG on EVE welcomed the possibility for China to carry on as Vice Chair for the next term and invited China to notify its willingness so the ToR can be amended accordingly.
14. GRPE adopted GRPE-84-10 and congratulated the IWG on EVE for the progress made and acknowledged forthcoming activities as detailed in the updated ToR.