Authorization to develop Phase 2 of GTR No. 13
Download in .pdf format
Download in .doc format
Draft proposal for eventual submission to WP.29 for the further development of the GTR on hydrogen fuel-cell vehicle safety, including the following additional areas for consideration:
- Scope revision to address additional vehicle classes;
- Requirements for material compatibility and hydrogen embrittlement;
- Requirements for the fuelling receptacle;
- Evaluation of performance-based test for long-term stress rupture proposed in Phase 1;
- Consideration of research results reported after completion of Phase 1 – specifically research related to electrical safety, hydrogen storage systems, and post-crash safety;
- Consideration of 200 per cent NWP or lower as the minimum burst requirement;
- Safety guard system for the case of isolation resistance breakdown.
15 December 2016
Proposal Status: Superseded
WP.29/2017/56 | Proposal for authorization to develop Phase 2 of GTR No. 13
Working Party on Passive Safety | Session 60 | 13-16
10. The expert from EC introduced GRSP-60-24, on behalf of the experts from Japan and the Republic of Korea which co-sponsoring the proposal for amendments to Phase 2 of the GTR. He explained that GRSP-60-24 was a draft request to develop Phase 2 and which listed the main items to complete GTR No. 13. GRSP endorsed GRSP-60-24, as reproduced in Annex III to the session report. The secretariat was requested to submit it as an official request to develop Phase 2 of GTR No. 13 at the March 2017 sessions of WP.29 and AC.3 (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2017/56).