GRSG may wish to consider a proposal by the European Commission to extend the scope and requirements to category N1 vehicles (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSG/2020/11).
GRSG agreed to resume considerations for introduction of Field of View Assistant (FOVA) based on a proposal for amendments to UN Regulation No. 125 (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSG/2020/12 based on GRSG-117-27).
GRSG-118-17 | UN R125 : Proposal for an amendment (France)
42. The expert from the European Commission presented document ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSG/2020/11, the proposal for supplement 2 to the 01 series of amendments to Regulation No. 125, which aims to extend the scope of the Regulation to allow for the possibility to apply field of vision prescriptions to N1 category vehicles.
43. The expert of OICA introduced document GRSG-118-26, which contains proposed amendments to ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSG/2020/11.
44. Following detailed technical discussions, further comments from experts from Germany, Japan, Sweden, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the European Commission and OICA concerning the amendments proposed in GRSG-118-26, GRSG decided to keep document ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSG/2020/11 on amendments to UN Regulation No. 125 on the agenda of the October meeting of the group and requested that document GRSG-118-26 is converted into an official document and submitted for consideration at the October 2020 session of GRSG.Go to session report
45. The expert of OICA introduced document ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSG/2020/12, a proposal for the 02 series of amendments of UN Regulation No. 125. Following a detailed discussion by GRSG experts, the Chair of GRSG recommended that further discussions are held between interested stakeholders to advance the proposal contained in document ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSG/2020/12 and invited delegates to provide comments to the proposal. To support this further work, a dedicated task force would be established. GRSG agreed to keep the document on the agenda for the October 2020 session.Go to session report
47. The expert from France presented document GRSG-118-17, containing proposed amendments to UN Regulation No. 125 concerning specifications for defrosting/demisting conductors also outside zone A.
48. GRSG considered GRSG-118-17 and requested its submission as an official document for consideration at the October 2020 session of GRSG.Go to session report