25. The representative of Japan introduced, on behalf of China, European Union, Japan and the United States of America, WP.29-178-10/Rev.2 containing amendments to ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2019/34 – Framework Document on Automated/autonomous Vehicles. He explained that the amendments included editorial amendments as well as a restructured Table 1 containing details on (i) current activities, (ii) expected future activities and (iii) references to the key safety principles mentioned in the document.
26. The representative of the Republic of Korea introduced WP.29-178-19, proposing additional amendments to ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2019/34. The representative of Sweden proposed to insert into Table 1 considerations related to para. 4 (j) regarding vehicle inspection. The representative of CITA supported the position of the representative of Sweden.
27. WP.29 adopted ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2019/34 as amended by WP.29-178-10/Rev.2 and requested the secretariat to issue it as a reference document with the symbol ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2019/34/Rev.1.
29. The Chair of GRVA informed WP.29 on the outcome of the third session of GRVA: reviewing the framework document and drafting ToR for IWG on EDR/DSSAD, on FRAV and on VMAD.
30. On behalf of CLEPA and OICA, the representative of CLEPA introduced WP.29-178-30 and WP.29-178-31 expressing their concerns on the draft ToR of IWG on VMAD.
31. WP.29 adopted the ToR for the three groups, as reproduced in Annexes V, VI and VII of this report.