Proposal as approved by the GRSG to delete provisions regarding the optical display of the status of the vehicle alarm system outside the passenger compartment in order to avoid driver distraction by and/or confusion of such exterior lighting with primary lighting and signaling equipment required under UN R48.
62. The representative of OICA raised concerns on the amendments to Regulations Nos. 97 and 116 on vehicle alarm systems (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2015/87 and ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2015/91). He added that some further amendments to Regulation No. 48 were needed to fully clarify the purpose of these proposals. The representative of the EU saw no need to delay the vote and was in favour of going ahead with the adoption of both documents. The representative of Germany volunteered to prepare, together with the experts from OICA, a proposal for such amendments to Regulation No. 48 for consideration at the next GRE session.
38. GRSG recalled the submission to WP.29 of a proposal (GRSG-107-26-Rev.1) to clarify the requirements on the optical signal outside the vehicle on the status of VAS (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2015/36), subject to the review by GRE. The experts from France and Germany reported on the concerns raised by GRE at its April 2015 session. Following the discussion, GRSG noted general support on the compromise proposal as reflected in GRSG-108-50.
39. GRSG adopted the proposed amendments to UN Regulation No. 97 as reproduced in Annex II to this report and agreed to remove ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2015/36 from the June 2015 agenda of WP.29. The secretariat requested to submit the adopted proposal to WP.29 and AC.1 for consideration at their November 2015 sessions, as draft Supplement 8 to the 01 series of amendments to UN Regulation No. 97.
49. Recalling its discussion under agenda item 8 (paras. 38-39 above), GRSG agreed to also remove ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2015/37 from the June 2015 agenda of WP.29. GRSG adopted the proposed amendments (GRSG-108-50) to UN Regulation No. 116 as reproduced in Annex III to this report and requested the secretariat to submit the adopted proposal to WP.29 and AC.1 for consideration at their November 2015 sessions, as draft Supplement 5 to UN Regulation No. 116.
68. The Chair of GRSG introduced ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2015/36 and ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2015/37. The World Forum decided to defer consideration of these documents to its June 2015 session.
29. The expert from Germany introduced GRSG-107-27-Rev.1, aimed at removing additional lighting not complying with UN Regulation No. 48. GRSG adopted the proposal, as reproduced in Annex IV to the GRSG-107 session report. The secretariat was requested to submit it to WP.29 and AC.1 for consideration and vote at their June 2015 sessions as draft Supplement 5 to the UN Regulation, subject to a final review of GRSG at its May 2015 session. GRSG also agreed to send GRSG-107-27-Rev.1 to the October 2014 session of GRE for information.