47. WP.29 received the oral report of the representative of United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Co-Chair of the IWG on ITS, mentioning that the group, at its second session on 6 November 2020, (i) reviewed the draft revised UNECE Road Map on Intelligent Transport Systems and recommended its endorsement by WP.29, (ii) discussed the offer of UNECE and the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) to organize the first session of the 2021 Future Networked Car event, which will be dedicated to regulatory activities on automated and connected vehicles and (iii) received a presentation on Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X) communication for Cooperative Driving Automation from the expert from Japan, Mr. N. Ogawa, working for ITS research in Technical Research department of Mazda Motor Corporation Tokyo HQ and member of the Strategic Innovation Promotion Program (SIP) Automated Driving System for Universal Service (ADUS) initiative, which is a project of the Japanese Government.
48. WP.29 considered and endorsed the draft revised UNECE Road Map on Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) proposed in WP.29-182-12. WP.29 requested the secretariat to submit it, as amended during the session, to ITC and its Bureau at its November 2020 session, for preparation of the eighty third session of ITC.
49. WP.29 proposed that delegates of the IWG on ITS and delegates of GRVA IWGs working on relevant topics, represent the World Forum at annual Future Networked Car events that are organized by the International Telecommunications Union (ITU).
50. WP.29 noted the information mentioned by the representative of ITU concerning the allocation of frequencies dedicated to vehicle-to-vehicle communication and decided to further discuss this point at its March 2021 session.
51. WP.29 endorsed the extension of the mandate of the IWG on ITS until November 2025.