UN R79: Proposal concerning amendments to Annex 6
Download in .pdf format
Download in .docx format
Japan comments on the changes agreed by the informal group of experts which reviewed the content of Annex 6 and proposed (via document GRRF-85-1/Rev.1) to clarify the purpose of Annex 6 and ensure its suitability when used in the assessment of steering systems featuring advances in automation (i.e., ACSF). The proposal
- corrects an editorial error by inserting a missing clause in paragraph 1, and
- deletes the phrase “at least 10%” from paragraph 4.1.1. which changes the current meaning of text with regard to assessment of “the System”
- Japanese technical services already verify each declared function by the manufacturer under the paragraph,
- The wording “at least 10%” may result in a decrease in the number of tests where Japan believes number of tests should be decided by the Technical service considering which tests should apply.
8 December 2017
Proposal Status: Superseded
GRRF-85-01/Rev.1 | Regulation 79: Proposals for changes to Annex 6
WP.29/2018/35 | UN R79: Proposal for the 03 series of amendments
Working Party on Brakes and Running Gear | Session 85 | 11 Dec 2017
8. The expert from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland introduced GRRF-85-01-Rev.1 proposing amendments to Annex 6. The expert from Japan introduced GRRF-85-05 with amendments to GRRF-85-01-Rev.1.
9. GRRF reviewed both documents in detail and agreed on a number of amendments as reproduced in GRRF-85-01-Rev.2.