|Document Title||Draft UN Regulation No. 0 on uniform provisions concerning the International Whole Vehicle Type Approval|
UN R0 | 00 series of amendments
|Document Date||18 August 2017|
|Document Posted||23 August 2017|
WP.29 | Session 173 | 14-17 Nov 2017 (Agenda item 4.3. | Development of the International Whole Vehicle Type Approval (IWVTA) system)
55. The representative of Japan, Chair of the IWG on IWVTA, introduced the draft UN Regulation No. 0 on uniform provisions concerning the International Whole Vehicle Type Approval (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2017/108). He reported on the latest amendments to Annex 4 listing the UN Regulations covered by IWVTA (WP.29-173-18). He highlighted that other UN Regulations were in the process of being reviewed by the relevant Working Parties and that would be included in near future. Thus, he presented the draft Terms of References and Rules of Procedure for Phase 2 of the IWG on IWVTA (WP.29-173-17).
56. WP.29 welcomed the submission of draft UN Regulation No. 0 and acknowledged the work progress made by the IWG. The World Forum considered ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2017/108 and recommended its submission to AC.1 for voting.
GRRF | Session 84 | 19-22 Sep 2017 (Agenda item 10. (a) | International Whole Vehicle Type Approval: Report on the IWVTA informal group and subgroup activities)
56. The Ambassador of GRRF at the IWG on IWVTA meetings gave an oral report about the IWVTA activities. He informed that the subgroup on Regulation No. 0 would be dissolved, that discussions took place on the future nature of the subgroup on IWVTA and that the draft Regulation No. 0 would be submitted in the near future. He announced that the need for an ambassador might be reduced given the progress made on IWVTA.
GRB | Session 66 | 4-6 Sep 2017 (Agenda item 14. | Development of the International Whole Vehicle Type Approval (IWVTA) system)
GRE | Session 78 | 24-27 Oct 2017 (Agenda item 8. (c) | Other business: Development of the International Whole Vehicle Type Approval)
34. GRE noted that Revision 3 of the 1958 Agreement (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2016/2) had entered into force on 14 September 2017 and that a special webpage had been created by the secretariat with the text of the revised Agreement and frequently asked questions (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2017/131). GRE was informed that the IWG on the International Whole Vehicle Type Approval (IWVTA) had submitted the final draft of UN Regulation No. 0 and explanations on IWVTA for consideration and approval at the November 2017 sessions of WP.29 and AC.1 (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2017/108 and ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2017/109). GRE also took note that, following the adoption in June 2017 of amendments to Regulation No. 48, IWG IWVTA would consider the need to keep in Annex 4 to UN Regulation No. 0 references to the individual Regulations on lighting and light-signalling devices.
GRSG | Session 113 | 10-13 Oct 2017 (Agenda item 13. | International Whole Vehicle Type Approval (IWVTA))
55. GRSG noted that Revision 3 of the 1958 Agreement entered into force on 14 September 2017. GRSG welcomed the Question & Answer document on Revision 3 (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2017/131) as well as the draft UN Regulation on IWVTA (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2017/108) and the explanation (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2017/109). GRSG noted that these documents were expected to be considered and adopted by WP.29 at its session in November 2017.
GRSG | Session 114 | 9-13 Apr 2018 (Agenda item 12. | International Whole Vehicle Type Approval (IWVTA))
49. GRSG noted the adoption by WP.29/AC.1 of UN Regulation No. 0 on IWVTA (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2017/108) and its expected date of entry into force on 19 July 2018. GRSG also noted the adoption by WP.29 of (i) the explanation document on UN Regulation No. 0 (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2017/109), (ii) the general guidelines for UN regulatory procedures and transitional provisions in UN Regulations (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2017/107, Add.1 and Corr.1 as amended by para. 53 of the report ECE/TRANS/WP.29/1135) and (iii) the “Question&Answer” document on Revision 3 of the 1958 Agreement (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2017/131).
Proposal submitted by the informal working group on the International Whole Vehicle Type Approval for the establishment of UN Regulation No. 0 regarding the approval of whole vehicles within the framework of the 1958 Agreement. The regulations would establish an International Whole Vehicle Type Approval (IWVTA) scheme whereby Contracting Parties adhering to the Regulation may issue approvals to either a limited level (L-IWVTA) or to a wider range of technical topics included in the universal level (U-IWVTA). Contracting Parties are able to apply the limited or universal IWVTA depending upon the national situation.
The Universal-IWVTA (U-IWVTA) provides a greater level of certainty for vehicle manufacturers and Contracting Parties applying this UN Regulation, as the approval has to be accepted without further assessment of the technical items covered by the U-IWVTA issued. Contracting Parties applying this UN Regulation are not obliged to accept approvals to the limited level (L-IWVTA) but may do so at their choice. However, they have also to accept approvals issued pursuant to U-IWVTA.
The UN Regulation includes the administrative obligations of the IWVTA scheme. It does not establish separate technical requirements but instead refers to the provisions of the separate UN Regulations.
|Document Status||Adopted text published|
WP.29/2017/104 | Draft UN Regulation No. 0 on uniform provisions concerning International Whole Vehicle Type Approval