OICA proposal to include the alignment of the amendment of EU Euro VI legislation (Reg. EU 2014/133) into the Regulation No. 49 which has not been covered before. Reg. EU 2014/133 corrects applicability of OBD threshold levels (OTLs) to all types of vehicles covered by the regulation by removing the reference to vehicle classes and weights.
17. The expert from OICA presented ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRPE/2017/6 on a proposal for a new Supplement to the 06 series of amendments to Regulation No. 49 in order to align it with the current state of the legislation of the European Union (EU). He recalled that ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRPE/2017/6 had already been tabled at the last GRPE session. He also presented GRPE-75-26 and GRPE-75-27 introducing some changes to ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRPE/2017/6. He explained that GRPE-75-26 aimed to fix the generally non-feasible urban window requirement to ensure the feasibility of the Portable Emissions Measurement System (PEMS) test and that GRPE-75-27 intended to introduce missing On-Board Diagnostic systems (OBD) requirements.
18. The expert from Japan made a general comment on differences between traffic situations and he underlined the necessity to further discuss this topic. The expert from EC expressed his readiness to open discussions in the case that Japan would decide to become a Contracting Party to Regulation No. 49 in the future.
19. The expert from IANGV/NGV Global expressed his support to the proposals presented by OICA as GRPE-75-27 was fixing some concerns about the testing methodology.
20. The expert from OICA recalled GRPE-74-08 presented last session and aimed at correcting editorial errors in the 05 and 06 series of amendments to Regulation No. 49. He requested GRPE to consider the possibility to include GRPE-74-08 as part of the package to be voted of amendments to Regulation No. 49 at this session.
21. GRPE adopted ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRPE/2017/6 amended by GRPE-74-08, GRPE-75-26 and GRPE-75-27 as reproduced in Addendum 1 to this report and requested the secretariat to submit it to WP.29 and the Administrative Committee of the 1958 Agreement (AC.1) for consideration and vote at their November 2017 sessions as draft Supplement 5 to the 06 series of amendments to Regulation No. 49.
22. GRPE also adopted GRPE-74-08 as reproduced in Annex VI and requested the secretariat to submit it to WP.29 and AC.1 for consideration and vote at their November 2017 sessions as draft Supplement 9 to the 05 series of amendments to Regulation No. 49.