52. On behalf of the expert from Egypt, the secretariat introduced document ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSG/2020/14, the proposal for amendments to the Consolidated Resolution R.E.3.
53. The Chair of GRSG requested the addition of Pakistan to the list of Contracting Parties to the 1958 Agreement, along with their distinguishing number.
54. The expert of Japan recommended the deletion of paragraph 2.10. on page 14, with support from Germany and Netherlands.
55. The expert from OICA supported the request of Japan, recommended the deletion of paragraph 1.14. on page 6, and requested guidance of GRVA concerning the content of paragraph 1.17. on page 6.
56. The expert from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland commented on the removal of the year designating ISO Standards listed in paragraphs 188.8.131.52-184.108.40.206, recommending that the year be kept, or updated to reflect the latest version of the ISO Standard.
57. GRSG decided to keep document ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSG/2020/14, on amendments to the Consolidated Resolution on the construction of vehicles (R.E.3), on the agenda of the October meeting of the group, pending further consultations on its content in the meantime. The Chair of GRSG expressed that he looked forward to the participation of the expert from Egypt at the next session of the group, and to the presentation of potential updates to the document under consideration.
61. The expert from OICA introduced GRSG-119-24, amending the proposal for amendments to the Consolidated Resolution on the Construction of Vehicles (R.E.3) (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSG/2020/14).
62. The expert from CLEPA supported the proposal of OICA to delete paragraph 1.17 and the experts from Japan, Germany and the Netherlands supported the proposal of OICA to delete paragraph 2.10 proposed in ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSG/2020/14.
63. GRSG decided to defer considerations related to amendments to R.E.3 to its April 2021 session. Towards that end, the secretariat was requested to prepare a revised and consolidated version, based on revised and supplemented texts of document ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSG/2020/14, as amended by GRSG-119-24, and in alignment with the amendments to R.E.3 adopted by WP.29 at its June 2020 session, for consideration at the April 2021 session of GRSG.