Text prepared by the experts of TF TPMSTI in order to align with the provisions of European Union Regulation 2019/2144 and to introduce the TPMS requirements for all vehicle categories, including trailers. The proposal addresses the communication interface protocol of TPMS between towing and towed vehicles of categories N2, N3 and O3, O4, respectively (described in Annex 5 on the basis of the ISO bus requirements) in alignment with UN R13 and ISO updates. The proposal further corrects and clarifies provisions across TPMS, TPRS and CTIS.
48. The GRBP Chair reported on the results achieved by GRBP at its seventy-third session (for details, see the report of the session ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRBP/71).
49. He mentioned that GRBP had adopted modifications to the draft 01 series of amendments to UN Regulation No. 141 (Tyre pressure monitoring system). He recalled that the draft 01 series of amendments would still be addressed by WP.29 this week (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2021/10) and encouraged the World Forum to consider instead a revised consolidated proposal ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2021/10/Rev.1 under agenda item 4.6.9.
50. He also pointed out that GRBP had agreed to update the Terms of Reference of its two IWGs on Measurement Uncertainties (MU) and on Wet Grip Performance for Tyres in a Worn State (WGWT). WP.29 noted that the revised Terms of Reference were annexed to the report of GRBP at its seventy-third session.
51. WP.29 endorsed the updates of the Terms of Reference of the IWG MU and IWG WGWT.
78. The World Forum considered draft amendments under agenda items 4.6.1 to 4.6.7. and recommended their submission to AC.1 for voting, subject to the following corrections of ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2021/8 under agenda item 4.6.6 (WP.29-183-06):
In paragraph 4.4.1., replace “markings” with “approval mark”.
In paragraph 9.1., delete from the proposal (i.e. keep the paragraph in its current form).
79. The Chair of GRBP presented draft amendment proposals contained in documents ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2021/3, ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2021/10 and Rev.1, ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2021/11 under agenda item 4.6.8 to 4.6.10., to amend UN Regulations Nos. 41, 141 and 142. The World Forum recommended their submission to AC.1 for voting.