Justification for the proposal to introduce new requirements for headlamp levelling, in particular on the vertical inclination in relation to the dipped-beam headlamp mounting height.
|Document Title: UN R48: Proposal for a new series of amendments|
|Document Reference Number: GRE/2020/8/Rev.1|
Proposal to introduce new requirements for headlamp levelling, in particular on the vertical inclination in relation to the dipped-beam headlamp mounting height.
|Meeting Session: 83rd GRE session (19-23 Oct 2020) and SLR: Headlamp Levelling (5 Nov 2020)|
|Document date: 05 Aug 20 (Posted 06 Aug 20)|
|Document status: Superseded|
This document concerns UN Regulation No. 48 | Installation of Lighting and Lighting-Signalling Equipment.
This submission is related to the following document(s):
Working Party on Lighting and Light-signalling | Session 83 | 19-23
29. Based on a proposal of IWG SLR, GRE continued its deliberations for preparing a new series of amendments to UN Regulation No. 48 with new requirements for headlamp aiming and automatic levelling (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRE/2020/8/Rev.1). The expert from Poland held the view that the justification part contained mistakes and inconsistencies and recalled his earlier proposals on the subject (GRE-83-41). Several experts expressed their support to the IWG SLR proposal.
30. The expert from OICA proposed to keep an option of manual levelling (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRE/2020/23 and GRE-83-31). Some experts supported this option, while others were not in favour.
31. In the absence of a consensus, GRE stressed the need to finalize the issue as soon as possible and requested IWG SLR to take into account the comments made and to prepare a revised working document for the next session, based on the following principles:
32. The expert from Poland did not agree to that conclusion.
33. GRE instructed IWG SLR to organize a separate meeting on this issue and encouraged all experts of Contracting Parties to participate.