Proposal to correct the calculation of the coast-down resistance to progress force.
|Document Title: Proposal for a new Supplement to the 06 and 07 series of amendments to Regulation No. 83|
|Document Reference Number: GRPE/2016/4|
Proposal to correct the calculation of the resistance to progress force. This proposal was amended during GRPE discussions to cover the 06 and 07 series of amendments to UN R83.
|Submitted by: EC|
|Meeting Session: 72nd GRPE session (12-15 Jan 2016)|
|Document date: 26 Oct 15 (Posted 26 Oct 15)|
|Document status: Superseded|
This document concerns UN Regulation No. 83 | Motor Vehicle Emissions.
This submission is related to the following document(s):
Working Party on Pollution and Energy | Session 72 | 12-15
9. The expert from EC introduced ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRPE/2016/4 aimed at correcting the calculation of the vehicle coast down resistance to progress force in the 07 series of amendments to Regulation No. 83.
10. The expert from OICA drew the attention to the confusion and administrative burden that could be created by the proposal if requirements were not aligned between the 06 and 07 series of amendments to Regulation No. 83, as well as with Regulation No. 101. He expressed his concern on the possible impact this may have on the CO2 emissions type approval value and, thus, on the correlation program between WLTP and the New European Driving Cycle (NEDC). He suggested considering amendments to the 06 and 07 series of amendments to Regulation No. 83 and to Regulation No. 101 as an entire package at the next GRPE session.
11. The Chair of GRPE suggested adopting the proposal not only for the 07 series but also for the 06 series of amendments to Regulation No. 83 since the text and the paragraph numbering were the same in both cases. The experts from the Netherlands, UK and T&E expressed their support to ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRPE/2016/4. The expert from EC volunteered to review Regulation No. 101 to align it with this proposal at the next GRPE session in June 2016. He also clarified that the correlation program between WLTP and NEDC ensuring that both tests were properly coupled would not be affected by this proposal.
12. GRPE adopted ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRPE/2016/4 with the following correction:
13. GRPE requested the secretariat to submit it to WP.29 and the Administrative Committee of the 1958 Agreement (AC.1) for consideration and vote at their June 2016 sessions as draft Supplement 7 to the 06 series of amendments and draft Supplement 3 to the 07 series of amendments to Regulation No. 83.