99. The representative of the Netherlands, Chair of GRPE, presented the proposal for a new Mutual Resolution (M.R.3) of the 1958 and the 1998 Agreements concerning Vehicle Interior Air Quality (VIAQ) (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2017/136).
100. WP.29 adopted the resolution and thanked GRPE for the work.
101. The representative of the Republic of Korea, Chair of the IWG on VIAQ, expressed his satisfaction with the outcome of the work on the Mutual Resolution, which started in 2013. He expressed his support of the document and his appreciation for the cooperation of delegates from China and OICA members in the endeavour. He announced the start of the second stage of the work on VIAQ under the leadership of the Russian Federation.
47. The Vice-Chair of the IWG on Vehicles Interior Air Quality (VIAQ) presented a status report on the ongoing activities of the group (GRPE-76-35). He recalled that the original mandate of the group ended in November 2017. He highlighted the conclusion of the work by the tabled proposal for a new Mutual Resolution on recommendations to harmonize test procedures of interior air emissions generated from interior materials (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2017/136) which was adopted by WP.29 and AC.3 during 173rd WP.29 session in Geneva (14-17 November 2017). He recalled that WP.29 had endorsed the extension of the mandate of the IWG on VIAQ until November 2020 to extend the work and consider not only emissions generated by interior materials, but also gases from other sources that enter into the vehicle cabin.
48. As Chair for the new stage of the IWG on VIAQ, the expert from the Russian Federation highlighted the existing standards on VIAQ in his country. He presented the revised Terms of Reference for the IWG on VIAQ (GRPE-76-27) which were adopted by GRPE, as reproduced in Annex VIII.
49. GRPE acknowledged the progress made by the IWG on VIAQ and noted the request for a meeting room for half a day during the GRPE week in June 2018.