8. The Chair of the informal working group (IWG) on ACV introduced GRRF‑78‑17 reporting on the outcome of the group’s recent meetings, recalling the completion of the work on ACV and proposing to focus on Modular Vehicle Combinations (MVC).
9. GRRF noted the proposed updated Terms of Reference of the IWG (GRRF‑78‑16), converting its denomination to MVC and expanding its mandate. Following the concerns expressed by the expert from Germany on potential work conflict and/or overlap between the IWG on Regulation No. 55 and the IWG on MVC, GRRF agreed to monitor both informal groups’ progress to avoid such redundancy. Finally, GRRF adopted GRRF‑78‑16 as reproduced in Annex II of the GRRF-78 report.
16. The Chair of the IWG on UN Regulation No. 55 introduced ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRRF/2014/28 (based on ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRRF/2014/14) and deleting references to the standard ISO 7641/1‑2012 as contained in the original proposal.
17. The chair of the IWG on UN Regulation No. 55 introduced GRRF-78-23 explaining the differences between standards ISO 7641:1983 and ISO 7641:2012. He reported on the meeting minutes (GRRF‑78‑25) and on the meetings status on Task Force Agricultural Couplings (TFAC) (GRRF‑78‑26). Finally he presented GRRF‑78-24 as a complete revision of UN Regulation No. 55. GRRF agreed to resume consideration of this proposal at its February 2015 session.
18. GRRF adopted ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRRF/2014/28 and requested the secretariat to submit the proposal to WP.29 and AC.1 for consideration at their March 2015 sessions as draft Supplement 4 to the 01 series of amendments to UN Regulation No. 55.