13. The expert from OICA introduced ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSP/2017/8 as the official proposal to remove ISOFIX anchorages from the Regulation and to incorporate them into the new Regulation that was dedicated to these anchorages only (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSP/2017/7, see para. 45). GRSP adopted the proposal, as amended below, as the most viable solution to solve the incompatibility of the requirements of the Regulation with the existing designs of Child Restraint Systems (CRS) in Australia and including UN Regulation No. 14 into Annex 4 of the future UN Regulation No. 0 on the International Whole Vehicle Type Approval (IWVTA). The secretariat was requested to submit the proposal as draft 08 series of amendments to UN Regulation No. 14, for consideration and vote at the November 2017 sessions of WP.29 and AC.1.
Paragraph 3.2.1., amend to read:
14. The expert from Germany introduced GRSP-61-01 to clarify that on the driver’s seat of vehicle categories M2 and M3, only three point belts would be allowed. GRSP agreed on the clarifications proposed by the expert from Germany and adopted the proposal as reproduced in Annex III of this report. The secretariat was requested to submit the proposal as part (see para. 13 above) of the draft 08 series of amendments to UN Regulation No. 14, for consideration and vote at the November 2017 sessions of WP.29 and AC.1.
15. The expert from Germany also introduced GRSP-61-18, aimed at clarifying that rear seat rows can only have one central seating position with a reduced minimum distance of 240 mm and 350 mm for the other rear seats. The expert from EC raised a time reservation and suggested inserting transitional provisions as well. GRSP agreed to resume discussion on this subject at its December 2017 session and requested the secretariat to distribute GRSP-61-18 with an official symbol.
17. The expert from Germany introduced GRSP-61-02, matching the proposal on safety-belt anchorages (GRSP-61-01) (see para. 14 above). The expert from OICA requested transitional provisions for the entry into force of the proposed requirements. GRSP agreed to resume discussion at its December 2017 session on the basis of a revised proposal tabled by the expert from Germany.
45. The expert from OICA introduced the draft new UN Regulation (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSP/2017/7) on ISOFIX. He also provided for information the list of UN Regulations (GRSP-61-11) affected by the splitting of UN Regulation No. 14. He also introduced GRSP-61-06-Rev.1, amending ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSP/2017/7. GRSP adopted the proposal as amended by Annex VIII to the report for submission to WP.29 in November 2017.
46. Finally, GRSP agreed to keep GRSP-58-13 as a reference in the agenda of the next session for possible future discussion on harmonization of requirements on ISOFIX.