13. The expert from France introduced ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSP/2016/20 on the introduction of “Booster Seat” fixtures (ISO/B2 and ISO/B3) and “Reduced-Size Rearward Facing toddler CRS” fixture (ISO/R2x) added to Regulation No. 16 which corresponds with the implementation of Phase 2 of Regulation No. 129. GRSP adopted the proposal, not amended. The secretariat was requested to submit ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSP/2016/20 for consideration and vote at the June 2017 sessions of WP.29 and the Administrative Committee of the 1958 Agreement (AC.1) as draft Supplement 8 to the 07 series of amendments to Regulation No. 14.
14. The expert from OICA introduced two proposals: (a) GRSP-60-04 to remove ISOFIX anchorages from the Regulation and (b) GRSP-60-05 to incorporate them into a new one dedicated to these anchorages only. He explained that, in his opinion, the two proposals constitute the most viable solution aimed at solving the incompatibility of the requirements of the Regulation with the existing designs of Child Restraint Systems (CRS) in Australia and including Regulation No. 14 into Annex 4 of the future Regulation No. 0 on the International Whole Vehicle Type Approval (IWVTA). The expert from Australia supported the solution proposed by the expert from OICA as well as the experts from Italy, Japan and Sweden. However, the experts from the Netherlands and EC argued that the improvement proposed by Australia and covering harmonization issues should not be disregarded. The experts from France and the United Kingdom supported the splitting of Regulation No. 14 and urged that some improvements on ISOFIX provisions were needed once that the new Regulation was established.
15. GRSP agreed to resume discussion on this subject at its May 2017 session, on the basis of revised proposals tabled by OICA including the replacement of dynamic with static references in Regulation No. 14 and in a number of other Regulations. In the meantime, it was agreed to keep GRSP-58-13 on the next GRSP agenda for future development of ISOFIX provisions.
35. The expert from France, Chair of the IWG on Enhanced Child Restraint Systems (ECRS), introduced a presentation (GRSP-60-18) on the work progress of the IWG. He also introduced ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSP/2016/19, that aligns the provisions on toxicity and flammability of materials used to manufacture CRS and that updates the test provisions of the 02 series of amendments to the Regulation. GRSP adopted ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSP/2016/19 not amended, and requested the secretariat to submit it as draft Supplement 1 to the 02 series of amendments to Regulation No. 129, for consideration and vote at the June 2017 sessions of WP.29 and AC.1.
41. Referring to agenda item 9 (see para. 17 above), the expert from EC clarified that ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSP/2016/21 and ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSP/2016/24 would supersede GRSP-58-03-Rev.1, solving the “plug-and-play” concept of i-Size child restraint systems (to reduce misuse of CRS). GRSP agreed to remove this item from the agenda of its May 2017 session.