Proposal to align GTR No. 3 with technical progress, addressing among others: electromagnetic compatibility/immunity of ABS-systems, ABS performance requirements for category 3-5 vehicles (three-wheelers), uniform requirements for equipment such Emergency Stop Signal and the means to disable the ABS, if equipped. This amendment aims to harmonize GTR with recent amendments made to UN Regulation No. 78 while addressing its use under self-certification compliance systems.
54. The expert from Italy introduced GRVA-02-07 proposing amendments to the original proposal (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRVA/2018/9) for amendments to UN GTR No. 3 for harmonization of the GTR and UN Regulation No. 78. The proposal received some comments. The expert from the Netherlands asked why the proposal contained technical requirements that differed from those in UN Regulation No. 78. The expert from Canada highlighted some formulations that could be better defined to facilitate the implementation of the UN GTR into Self Certification regulations.
50. GRVA agreed with the suggestion of expert from Italy to postpone the consideration of this item until the January 2019 session.
21. The expert from Italy withdrew GRRF-86-10 and GRRF-86-11.
18. The expert from Italy introduced ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRRF/2017/15 with provisions aimed at aligning the text of UN GTR No. 3 and UN Regulation No. 78 especially on tri-cycles Anti-lock Braking Systems (ABS), Emergency Stop Signal and means to disable the ABS function (‘ABS switch’), prepared in collaboration with the expert from IMMA. The expert from Canada answered to the proposal (GRRF-84-10). The expert from Italy presented ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRRF/2017/16 with the report on the activities related to the amendment proposal to UN GTR No.3. The expert from India informed GRRF about regulatory activities in his Country on the obligation to install ABS on new motorcycle with an engine capacity of 125 cm3 and more.
19. GRRF recommended the expert from Italy to keep the draft amendment to GTR No. 3 as harmonized as possible with UN Regulation No. 78 especially with regard to the ABS switch to avoid subsequent amendments to UN Regulation No. 78.
20. The expert from Italy agreed to submit a revised proposal for the February 2018 session of GRRF.