Document GRRF-83-08 proposes modifications to document WP.29/2017/10 proposing amendments to UN R79 to enable the approval of corrective steering and category A and B1 automated steering systems (ACSF).
57. The Secretary of the IWG on Automatically Commanded Steering Function (ACSF) presented (GRRF-83-27) the modifications proposed (GRRF-83-08) to the document already adopted by GRRF at its September 2016 session (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2017/10) and subject to reconfirmation by GRRF.
58. GRRF reviewed the proposal made by the IWG (GRRF-83-08), briefly mentioned GRRF-83-21 and discussed the necessity to submit the document as the draft 02 series amendments to Regulation No. 79.
59. GRRF discussed the proposal made by OICA (GRRF-83-22) under agenda item 3(a) in the context of the definitions for Corrective Steering Function (CSF) and ACSF discussed under this agenda item. GRRF agreed to resume consideration on this item at its next session.
60. At the end of the formal meeting, GRRF adopted the proposal as amended by GRRF-83-08-Rev.2. GRRF also agreed to invite the secretariat to continue, after the closure of the meeting, drafting the transitional provisions (corresponding to the intention of GRRF expressed during the session) together with the interested experts still present (GRRF-83-08-Rev.3).
61. GRRF requested the secretariat to submit the adopted amendments (reproduced in Annex V) to ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2017/10 to WP.29 and AC.1 for consideration and vote at their March 2017 sessions. Annex V also contains Transitional Provisions in square brackets. These provisions were not part of adopted amendments but are nevertheless forwarded to WP.29 for consideration.