Changes to the draft resolution from the Gaseous-Fuelled Vehicles (GFV) Informal Group.
53. The Secretary of the IWG on VPSD introduced ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRPE/2015/13 on a new draft Mutual Resolution (draft M.R.2) containing vehicle powertrain definitions. She presented GRPE-71-12 proposing amendments to ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRPE/2015/13 following the latest discussions and conclusions of the group. She referred to GRPE-71-13-Rev.1 as a consolidated version to facilitate the understanding of the proposal.
54. The Chair of the IWG on GFV presented GRPE-71-31 proposing to add new paragraphs to ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRPE/2015/13 to define different internal combustion engine vehicles depending on the fuel storage system/s and the fuel/s used by the engine to operate. He highlighted that these definitions might not necessarily be aligned with those in the regulations and, therefore, the current definitions in the existing regulations should not immediately be aligned with those proposed in draft M.R.2 but should be progressively adjusted.
55. The Chair of the IWG on WLTP mentioned that his group might not be able to take into account all definitions proposed by the IWG on VPSD due to time critical circumstances.
56. The Chair of the IWG on VPSD clarified that the proposed definitions should be used as a basis for harmonization and that they probably matched with those in the UN GTR on WLTP.
57. The expert from OICA underlined the importance of the exercise to harmonize vehicle propulsion system definitions. He announced that further work would certainly be needed to clarify several issues such as how to define an internal combustion engine when it is not used for propulsion.
58. GRPE adopted ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRPE/2015/13 as amended by Annex V of this report. GRPE requested the secretariat to submit it to WP.29 and AC.3 for consideration at their November 2015 sessions as draft Mutual Resolution No. 2.
59. GRPE acknowledged the work performed by the IWG on VPSD and noted the conclusion of its activities. GRPE agreed that further amendments to the proposed M.R.2 would be proposed by the relevant IWGs.