45. The Secretary of WP.29 presented the programme of work with a strategic introduction on the main priorities of the WP.29 work, which are related to vehicle automation and environmental protection. He stated that the areas of work of the six GRs were of equal importance. He introduced Real Driving Emissions (RDE) as a new area of work under the GRPE. The priorities would include further development in implementing the 1958, 1997 and 1998 Agreements, the main horizontal activities and the main topics addressed by the subsidiary bodies of WP.29 following the transformation of GRRF into GRVA. He further explained that the part of the document with tables for each of the bodies was needed as a legacy document providing for the mandates for internal administrative activities (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2018/1/Rev.2).
46. The representative of the European Union recalled the need for a more strategic approach in defining the future programmes of work under the 1958 Agreement, the 1997 Agreement and the 1998 Agreement, and called upon GR Chairs to identify their priorities as a basis for future updates of the programme of work.
47. WP.29 adopted the revised programme of work based on document ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2018/1/Rev.2.
48. The World Forum considered and adopted the amendments to the Rules of Procedures of WP.29 (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2018/166).
49. The World Forum took note of the list of Working Parties and Chairs (WP.29-176-01) and the draft 2019 calendar for WP.29 and its subsidiary bodies (WP.29-176-02).
50. The 2019 calendar and the list of Working Parties, Informal Working Groups (IWG) and Chairs are reproduced in Annexes II and III to the session report.