6. GRE took note of the progress report of the Informal Working Group Simplification of the Lighting and Light-Signalling Regulations" (IWG SLR) (GRE-83-47). GRE agreed that IWG SLR would be chaired by Mr. Derwin Rovers (Netherlands).
7. GRE provided the following guidance to IWG SLR:
15. GRE noted IWG SLR proposals for further simplification of UN Regulations Nos. 48, 53, 74 and 86 (GRE-83-19, GRE-83-20, GRE-83-21 and GRE-83-28) and invited GRE experts to provide comments to IWG SLR before the next session.
36. The expert from IMMA introduced a proposal that allowed the installation of adaptive driving beam (ADB) on vehicles of category L3 (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRE/2020/13/Rev.1, as amended by GRE-83-51). This proposal was submitted in a package with amendment proposals to UN Regulation No. 149. GRE adopted these proposals as draft Supplements to the 01, 02 and 03 series of amendments to UN Regulation No. 53 and to the original series of amendments to UN Regulation No. 149. GRE agreed to postpone their submission to WP.29 and AC.1 pending the future 01 series of amendments to UN Regulation No. 149.
37. GRE considered a proposal by the expert from IWG SLR that corrected references to definitions in the body of UN Regulation No. 53 (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRE/2020/19). GRE adopted the proposal and requested the secretariat to submit it for consideration and vote at the March 2021 sessions of WP.29 and AC.1 as draft Supplement 4 to the 02 series of amendments and draft Supplement 1 to the 03 series of amendments to UN Regulation No. 53.