17. Referring to the possibility of installing side-facing seats, under certain conditions, GRSP adopted ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSP/2011/6, as amended by Annex II to this report. The secretariat was requested to submit the proposal to WP.29 and the Administrative Committee of the 1958 Agreement (AC.1), for consideration and vote at their November 2011 sessions, as draft Supplement 3 to the 07 series of amendments to Regulation No. 14.
18. GRSP adopted GRSP-49-11-Rev.1, as reproduced in Annex II to this report, to introduce transitional provisions to Supplement 2 to the 07 series of amendments to the Regulation (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2011/54). The secretariat was requested to submit the proposal as informal document WP.29-154-02 to WP.29 and AC.1, for consideration and vote at their June 2011 sessions, as draft amendment to ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2011/54.
19. The expert from OICA introduced GRSP-49-06 through a presentation (GRSP-49-21) to match the provisions of the draft Regulation on child restraint systems (CRS). GRSP agreed to refer GRSP-49-06 and ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSP/2011/9 to the informal working group on child restraint systems (CRS) in view of possible revisions to these proposals in relation to the requirements of the draft Regulation on CRS. Finally, GRSP recommended the informal group to submit the revised proposal as an official document for the December 2011 session of GRSP and then to adopt this as a full package with the new draft Regulation on CRS.
20. Concerning the reintroduction of side-facing seats (see para. 17), GRSP adopted ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSP/2011/7 as amended by Annex III to this report. The secretariat was requested to submit the proposal to WP.29 and AC.1, for consideration and vote at their November 2011 sessions, as draft Supplement 2 to the 06 series of amendments to Regulation No. 16. The expert from Japan withdrew GRSP-49-20.
21. As agreed for Regulation No. 14 (see para. 19), GRSP referred GRSP-49-07 to the informal group on CRS for discussion and requested the informal group to submit a revised proposal as an official document to the December 2011 session of GRSP.
34. The expert from CLEPA withdrew ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSP/2010/15 and Corr.1. GRSP agreed to remove this item from the agenda from its December 2011 session.
39. The Chair of the informal group on CRS introduced the latest Regulation proposal from his group (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRSP/2011/15 and GRSP-49-08) and the new terms of reference of the informal group (GRSP-49-01-Rev.1) showing a multistep approach, in three phases:
(a) Phase 1 dealing only with ISOFIX-Integral CRS, keeping Regulation No. 44 valid during its implementation.
40. The expert from France gave a presentation (GRSP-49-25) on data available from the field indicating safety priorities for children in cars. The Regulation proposal received several comments (GRSP-49-27, GRSP-49-29, and GRSP-49-34). Some experts stated that the proposal should not address the use of CRS. GRSP noted that the next meetings of the informal group were scheduled on 5 July, in Bonn (Germany) and 8 September 2011 at OICA’s office in Paris. Following the suggestion of the expert from the United Kingdom, GRSP agreed that the informal group should: continue (i) discussion on Phase 2 (ISOFIX non-integral “Universal”) in parallel to the finalization of Phase 1 (ISOFIX integral) and (ii) review if the proposed frontal impact crash test pulse is still appropriate.
41. GRSP requested the secretariat to distribute GRSP-49-39, encompassing all the changes to the draft Regulation agreed during the session (including GRSP-49-08, GRSP-49-27, GRSP-49-29 and GRSP-49-34), with an official symbol at its December 2011 session. Moreover, it was recommended to experts and to the informal group to send comments to GRSP-49-39 as official documents for the next session of GRSP to give time to the experts to examine the changes proposed.
42. Finally, GRSP adopted the new terms of references of the informal group (GRSP-49-01-Rev.1) as reproduced in Annex IX and agreed to seek consent of WP.29 at its June 2011 session.