WP.29/2017/133: Proposal to consolidate provisions concerning ISOFIX anchorages systems, ISOFIX top tether anchorages and i-Size seating positions removed from Regulation No. 14 in a new regulation. This change removes obstacles to the inclusion of UN R14 into Annex 4 of the future UN Regulation No. 0 of the International Whole Vehicle Type Approval (IWVTA). With 38 of the Contracting Parties applying UN R145 present
and voting, AC.1 adopted document WP.29/2017/133 by a vote of 37 in favor,
0 opposed, with 1 abstaining.
Discussion from 173rd WP.29 session (14-17
76. The representative of Australia announced his intention to abstain from voting at AC.1 on document ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2017/133 (new UN Regulation on ISOFIX).
77. The World Forum noted that ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2018/165, Proposal for amendments to Schedule 4 of the 1958 Agreement had remained on the agenda because not all Contracting Parties were in the position to take a vote on this matter during the November 2018, 176th session of the World Forum. WP.29 also noted that ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2017/131, Revision 3 of the 1958 Agreement – questions and answers, was revised based on WP.29-176-22, and issued as ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2017/131/Add.1, a working document for the current session, in order to secure translation of the additional questions and answers content contained in WP.29-176-22 into the official ECE languages.
78. The representative of the Russian Federation sought guidance from WP.29 concerning national administrative and organisational setups (mechanisms) such as a ‘Technical Secretariat’ for e.g. the electronic exchange of information required by Revision 3 of the 1958 Agreement, specifically the newly established electronic platforms, the “343 app” and DETA.
79. WP.29 acknowledged the request of the Russian Federation, recommending an amendment of the Revision 3 of the 1958 Agreement – questions and answers document to address this matter.
80. The Russian Federation volunteered to prepare draft amendments to the Revision 3 of the 1958 Agreement – questions and answers document and submit it to World Forum for consideration at an upcoming session.
81. The World Forum considered the draft amendment to Schedule 4 of the 1958 Agreement (ECE/TRANS/WP.29/2018/165) and recommended its submission to AC.1 for voting.
This modification also has been published by the WP.29 Secretariat as UN R145
WP.29/2019/57: Proposal to update a reference regarding ISOFIX exemptions permitted under paragraph 184.108.40.206. (related to vehicles with one seat position per row). The reference should read 220.127.116.11. and 18.104.22.168. With 40 of the 55 Contracting Parties applying UN R145 present
and voting, AC.1 adopted document WP.29/2019/57 by a vote of 40 in favor,
0 opposed, with 0 abstaining.