59. The Chair of GRPE (Netherlands) reported to WP.29 on the results achieved by GRPE during its seventy-ninth session (for more details see the report of the session ECE/TRANS/WP.29/GRPE/79).
60. The GRPE chair informed WP.29 about the adoption of a draft for Amendment 4 to UN GTR No.2 on the measurement procedure for two-wheeled motorcycles equipped with a positive or compression ignition engine with regard to the emission of gaseous pollutants, CO2 emissions and fuel consumption.
61. The GRPE chair explained that GRPE had started discussions on priority topics for future activities in the medium- and long-term. An initial document, prepared by the Chair and secretariat, had the support of GRPE and an updated version would be submitted by GRPE to the WP.29 March 2020 session. To address certain priority topics, he invited IWG on PTI to update GRPE on its latest and upcoming activities of interest for GRPE.
62. The chair of GRPE informed WP.29 about the adoption of a proposal for an amendment to Consolidated Resolution No. 3 on market fuel quality recommendation which correspond to the latest emissions standards for cars, vans, trucks and buses.
63. WP.29 noted the re-election of Mr A. Rijnders (Netherlands) as Chair of GRPE for the year 2020.
64. The representative of the United Kingdom indicated that they would nominate a candidate as Vice-Chair at the next session in January 2020.