Proposal to amend Annex 7 and Annex 10. This proposal would:
- change measurement units for drum speed in Annex 7 from min-1 to km.h-1 to align the requirements with other tyre regulations;
- correct the wording from “speed category symbol” to “speed symbol” (as defined in para. 2.33);
- correct the wording from “load capacity index” to “load index” (as defined in para. 2.32);
- correct a reference to para. 3.2.13. of the Regulation in Annex 7, Appendix 1;
- correct a boundary value of load index in Annex 7, Appendix 1;
- delete in paragraph 2.1 in Annex 7, the possibility to use the 2.0 m drum diameter to perform the endurance test.
In Annex 10, the proposal aligns the text with Annex 7 of UN R117, 02 series of amendments, Supplement 5.
The proposal would also clarify provisions for the minimum heights for markings for tyres with nominal rim diameter codes ≥ 20 and nominal section width ≤ 235 and for tyres with nominal rim diameter codes < 20 and nominal section width > 235. The proposal also corrects tables and figures for the use of lowercase letter to denote tyre dimension specifications.